- A large piece of fabric that I purchased a year ago. It was actually larger but I cut it, I paid $10 for 6ft of this fabric.
- Small mirrors from Ikea, I purchased two in purple for $1.99 each
- Turquoise picture frame that I had already, I think I bought it at Marshall's for about $7
- Magazines, I chose a funky picture I liked to frame, magazine was free. I ripped the picture out of an Essence magazine while in the waiting room at the doctors office (Don't snitch)
- Red ottoman-I've had this ottoman since my first apartment when I was 20 years old. This has sentimental value
- A bust that I got for free when a clothing store went out of business, and the gold accessories were added because it’s an ode to my fashion style.
- Some of the candles I got as gifts, but I love candles from Bath and Body Works, which are expensive but great. I only purchase them when they are on sale, which is mostly on all major holidays. I wait for a sale then rack up!!
- A shoe rack, I purchased this from Target, it was only $10! I also purchased it father’s day weekend so there was free shipping. Shopping on holiday is always great for discounts.
The shoe rack was very easy to put together and I used thumb tacks to attach the fabric to my walls with a similar color as the fabric so it blended in and looked uniformed, I used small nails to hang the mirrors and picture frames on, and added some other personal touches as well.
I only put in this corner, things that make me feel calm, and relax. Things that make me smile that I don't have to use everyday, but still represent great things to me. I have crystals and tarot cards as well, that were a gift from my best friend.
Here's how it looked when I was done!