Friday, July 3, 2015
Ms. Vixen Eats -Mexican Pasta Salad
Summer is officially here! It means lots of long days, outdoor fun and most of all BBQs. With all the beautiful weather no one wants to be slaving over a hot stove. Here is a quick and easy recipe for one of those hot summer nights. No Oven required!
This recipe is for a Mexican Pasta Salad, it’s loaded with Black Beans, Corn and Peppers so it’s something you can feel good about eating. We suggest adding some Chicken for added protein but feel free to add or subtract whatever you like. Whether you bring it to your next BBQ or make it for a dinner. Whatever your preference this recipe is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
MEXICAN PASTA SALAD
PREP TIME COOK TIME TOTAL TIME
10 mins 8 mins 18 mins
· 1 (16 oz) jar picante sauce (we used medium)
· ½ cup mayonnaise
· 1 cup sour cream
· 1 and ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
· 1 and ½ teaspoon ground cumin
· ¾ teaspoon chili powder
· 1 and ¼ teaspoon salt
· 1 teaspoon lime juice
· 16 ounces rotini pasta, cooked al dente according to package directions
· 1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
· 1 (15 oz) can sweet corn, drained
· ¼ cup red bell pepper, diced
· ¼ cup green bell pepper, diced
· Cilantro, optional as a garnish
1. Combine sauce ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Taste and re-season as necessary.
1. Combine cooked (and drained) pasta, black beans, corn, and bell peppers in a large bowl.
2. Toss with sauce, cover (or place in large tupperware), and chill in the fridge for at least two hours, or overnight.
3. Serve cold!
Recipe and pictured adapted from Show me the Yummy, click the link for more details on this recipe.
Did you try this recipe? What did you think? Let us know in the comments below.