No, I've never heard Amber Rose call herself a feminist or a womanist but her actions especially in the sex positive movement points in that direction. I love the path she's going on and closely identify with it, most of the world seems confused and has no clue why this woman would think she can speak loudly and assert her space in the world. Amber Rose has taught me many things inadvertently about feminism, and the agency of women and what the world allows women to do, because of misogyny.
- A feminist cannot be sexy, beautiful and bring sexually arousing thoughts to the masses and also speak and assert her rights as a woman. Nope, not allowed. If you want to be taken seriously you must be unattractive, dry, unfashionable and look sexually undesirable, otherwise people won't hear you. People are dumb and simple things like breast and ass is a distraction. Yes it's true, people can't hear you over the volume of your breast, tell your breast to lower their voice, and maybe, just maybe they'll hear you better.
- Although nudity and sex are separate things people have somehow conjoined them to mean one thing. There are plenty of places in the world where women are walking about with nothing on, they are not raped, they are not disrespected by men or women or sexualized. Yet, we are blessed to live in the great western world, and if women want to be respected, taken seriously and not be responsible for their abuse we must wear potato sacks, no makeup and never be a sexual beings even though sex is essential for human survival.
- When a baby comes out of a woman's vagina her world must end. That's it, it's over! Everything in her life before child birth must cease and she must only live for that child, because that's her only role. We're simply baby makers and keepers of family. That's our only identity, and is actually the only reason we are here. Woman who don't have children are a waste of uterus that should be disposed of. I mean, that has to be the reason EVERYONE asks me when i'm going to have children, to determine if it's time for my discardment. The world was in an uproar when Amber Rose posted a twerk video on instagram "But she's a mother!!" If your mother stopped twerking that sibling you have wouldn't be here, AND how does twerking affect her mothering, is her son suddenly dying of hunger due to her booty vibrations?
- If you fall in love with a rich man, you are a gold digger. If you date two or more rich men you're simply an opportunistic whore that devours men as you make your way to the top of the gold digging whore mountain. Also feminist don't like money, or men that can take care of their financial burdens, we prefer struggle it's cool for the narrative. Sadly once you're connected to a man, nothing that you create on your own will be valued, after you and that man part ways, everything you produce after will be credited to him. Furthermore, you couldn't possibly have been wooed by these men and. . . .dare I say it. . . . .fallen in love! That's not an option at all, because even when you marry a man, and have his child you will still simply be reduced to a baby mamma, as GQ magazine did in a recent article featuring Amber Rose.
- Don't ever let the world know you have sex AND that you actually enjoy it! That's only reserved for you and whatever man you are having sex with in private because. . . well he owns you, duh!
- Do not, I repeat, do not be a woman of color. Women are typically seen as things put on earth for consumption. Our bodies are for our husbands, in a sexual manner, and children due to motherhood but never necessarily our own. We must gain respect only by fulfilling silly loopholes that define lady like behavior because our humanity actually equates to nothing. Women start at zero, but if you're like me, a woman of color we start in the negative. Our bodies are for public domain and our insistence to assert boundaries for our personhood is looked upon as rebellious behavior.