I'm very into making my own body products lately so I opted to make a new body moisturizer rather than purchase one. I looked online for a coconut oil based body moisturizers and I this was the easiest recipe I found and I loved it the most. This whipped Green Tea and coconut oil moisturizer only has two simple ingredients, The coconut oil adds lots of moisture, it's a whip so it doesn't feel extra greasy, and the green tea adds a great scent, color and reverse sun damage, for a more even skin tone!
Recipe via: Hellonatural.co
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons loose green tea
- Use a double boiler on medium heat to melt the coconut oil.
- Stir in the green tea.
- Cover and simmer on lowest heat setting for 1 hour.
- Strain tea from oil with cheesecloth.
- Let cool until almost solid.
- Then whip until creamy, 3-5 minutes.