Love This, Share it!!
As we grow and evolve, and become the women we want to be, our confidence and self-esteem are continuously challenged. The many things that make us special are also the tools used to challenge your existence in society. The world can be tough, and often times drains ones sense of self.
As the the term self care becomes more contemporary it's important that many of these practices become part of our everyday. Actively working on things that fulfill your self-esteem is the best self care you can treat yourself to!
- Traveling is a great way to get exposed to new experiences. It also challenges your independence. Learning about new places, cultures and neighborhoods that aren't your own; especially in places where people don't speak your native language. If traveling abroad isn't in your budget, start small with weekend trips and places right outside your city or town.
- Living alone, helps improve your confidence and self esteem. Making your own adult decisions, paying your own bills is a huge self esteem booster.
- Learn a new hobby or take on a new project, challenging your self and completing a goal will instantly boost your self esteem, and strengthen your sense of accomplishment. Small life changing projects like creating a budget for yourself, paying off a credit card, or training for a marathon are great ways to start.
- Recognizing threats to our self esteem, being in environments that are sexist, racist and full of micro aggression contributes to hurting your esteem of self. It challenges you in an unhealthy way, and also makes you question your abilities when it's actually the hostile environment influencing your feelings. These are outside of you not within you; try your best to eliminate these factors from your life
- Volunteer! Being of service to the world is an instant self esteem booster. Volunteering increases self-confidence. You are doing good for others and the community, which provides a natural sense of accomplishment.
- Develop or deepen your spiritual or religious practice, explore what feels good to you, try new things, feeling connected to a hire power, or a thing that is bigger than you can help with life perspective and definitely will help your confidence
- Journaling or meditation. Engage in some kind of regular practice that gives you time alone with your thoughts apart of our voices becoming lost or small based on things outside of us. Getting more acquainted with your own thoughts and your own perspective can help you become grounded and help your self esteem greatly.
- Develop healthy connections and finding yourself in affirming and validating environments, relationships and friendships. The company you keep, and your everyday environment has a huge impact on your self esteem as well.